Tuesday, July 9, 2013

About My Blog

This blog is meant to be a resource for visitors to South Florida, but to understand how I get my information it's probably best you know a little about me. My name's Mike Stanley and I live in Islamorada, FL at the moment. I've lived in Miami previously, in the neighborhoods of South Beach and Coral Gables. Years of living in the South Florida area has conditioned me to always keep a look out for cheap food, events, and things to do. I, unfortunately, don't have a college degree, so money-wise I wasn't always well off. Living on a budget really helped me discover a new side of Miami that I never knew existed. My information is mostly experience based, although I do call up a buddy in Miami once in a while for an update, just to stay up to date with what's going on in the Magic City.

The reason I write about South Florida is because I care about the experiences people have in the southern part of the Sunshine State. I grew up and have stayed here almost my entire life for a reason and I'd like people to catch a glimpse of that reason. There's so much diversity that it provides a completely different vibe than anywhere else in the world. The mix of cultures is something, I believe, more profound than a pretty view or a hike you might experience elsewhere. Plus I love the beach and the ocean, so I'm a real advocate of the place. I'd like for everyone to have as great of an experience in South Florida as I have, even if it's only for a week.



Orignal From: About My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment